1: Using the Application
1.Working with Spreadsheets
- Open, close a spreadsheet application. Open, close spreadsheets.
- Create a new spreadsheet based on default template.
- Save a spreadsheet to a location on a drive. Save a spreadsheet under another name to a location on a drive.
- Save a spreadsheet as another file type like: template, text file, software specific file extension, version number.
- Switch between open spreadsheets.
- Set basic options/preferences in the application: user name, default folder to open, save spreadsheets.
- Use available Help functions
- Use magnification/zoom tools.
- Display, hide built-in toolbars. Restore, minimize the ribbon.
- Understand that a cell in a worksheet should contain only one element of data, (for example, first name detail in one cell, surname detail in adjacent cell).
- Recognize good practice in creating lists: avoid blank rows and columns in the main body of list, insert blank row before Total row, ensure cells bordering list are blank.
- Enter a number, date, text in a cell.
- Select a cell, range of adjacent cells, range of non-adjacent cells, entire worksheet.
- Edit cell content, modify existing cell content.
- Use the undo, redo command.
- Use the search command for specific content in a worksheet.
- Use the replace command for specific content in a worksheet.
- Sort a cell range by one criterion in ascending, descending numeric order, ascending, descending alphabetic order.
3.Copy, Move, Delete
- Copy the content of a cell, cell range within a worksheet, between worksheets, between open spreadsheets.
- Use the autofill tool/copy handle tool to copy, increment data entries.
- Move the content of a cell, cell range within a worksheet, between worksheets, between open spreadsheets.
- Delete cell contents.
3: Managing Worksheets
1.Rows and Columns
- Select a row, range of adjacent rows, range of non-adjacent rows.
- Select a column, range of adjacent columns, range of nonadjacent columns.
- Insert, delete rows and columns.
- Modify column widths, row heights to a specified value, to optimal width or height.
- Freeze, unfreeze row and/or column titles.
- Switch between worksheets.
- Insert a new worksheet, delete a worksheet.
- Recognize good practice in naming worksheets: use meaningful worksheet names rather than accept default names.
- Copy, move, rename a worksheet within a spreadsheet.
4: Formulas and Functions
- Recognize good practice in formula creation: refer to cell references rather than type numbers into formulas.
- Create formulas using cell references and arithmetic operators (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division).
- Identify and understand standard error values associated with using formulas: #NAME?, #DIV/0!, #REF!.
- Understand and use relative, absolute cell referencing in formulas.
- Use sum, average, minimum, maximum, count, counta, round functions.
- Use the logical function if (yielding one of two specific values) with comparison operator: =, >,
- Format cells to display numbers to a specific number of decimal places, to display numbers with, without a separator to indicate thousands.
- Format cells to display a date style, to display a currency symbol.
- Format cells to display numbers as percentages.
- Change cell content appearance: font sizes, font types.
- Apply formatting to cell contents: bold, italic, underline, double underline.
- Apply different colours to cell content, cell background.
- Copy the formatting from a cell, cell range to another cell, cell range.
3.Alignment, Border Effects
- Apply text wrapping to contents within a cell, cell range.
- Align cell contents: horizontally, vertically. Adjust cell content orientation.
- Merge cells and centre a title in a merged cell.
- Add border effects to a cell, cell range: lines, colours.
- Create different types of charts from spreadsheet data: column chart, bar chart, line chart, pie chart.
- Select a chart.
- Change the chart type.
- Move, resize, delete a chart.
- Add, remove, edit a chart title.
- Add data labels to a chart: values/numbers, percentages.
- Change chart area background colour, legend fill colour.
- Change the column, bar, line, pie slice colours in the chart.
- Change font size and colour of chart title, chart axes, chart legend text.
7: Prepare Outputs
- Change worksheet margins: top, bottom, left, right.
- Change worksheet orientation: portrait, landscape. Change paper size.
- Adjust page setup to fit worksheet contents on a specified number of pages.
- Add, edit, delete text in headers, footers in a worksheet.
- Insert and delete fields: page numbering information, date, time, file name, worksheet name into headers, footers.
2.Check and Print
- Check and correct spreadsheet calculations and text.
- Turn on, off display of gridlines, display of row and column headings for printing purposes.
- Apply automatic title row(s) printing on every page of a printed worksheet.
- Preview a worksheet.
- Print a selected cell range from a worksheet, an entire worksheet, number of copies of a worksheet, the entire spreadsheet, a selected chart.