1 Using the Application
1.1 Working with Presentations
- Open, close a presentation application. Open, close presentations.
- Create a new presentation based on default template.
- Save a presentation to a location on a drive. Save a presentation under another name.
- Save a presentation as another file type: Rich Text Format, template, show, image file format, version number.
- Switch between open presentations.
1.2 Enhancing Productivity
- Set user preferences in the application: user name, default folder to open and save files.
- Use available Help functions.
- Use magnification/zoom tools.
- Display, hide built-in toolbars. Restore, minimize the ribbon.
2 Developing a Presentation
2.1 Presentation Views
- Understand the uses of different presentation view modes: normal view, slide sorter view, outline view, slide show view.
- Recognize good practice in adding slide titles: use a different title for each slide to distinguish it in outline view, when navigating in slide show view.
- Change between presentation view modes: normal view, slide sorter view, slide show view.
- Choose a different built-in slide layout for a slide.
- Apply an available design template to a presentation.
- Change background colour on specific slide(s), all slides.
- Add a new slide with a specific slide layout like: title slide, chart and text, bulleted list, table/spreadsheet.
- Copy, move slides within the presentation, between open presentations.
- Delete slide(s).
2.3 Master Slide
- Insert a graphical object (picture, image, drawn object) into a master slide. Remove a graphical object from a master slide.
- Enter text into footer of specific slides, all slides in sentation.
- Apply automatic slide numbering, automatically updated date, non- updating date into footer of specific slides, all slides in a presentation.
3.1 Handling Text
- Recognize good practice in creating slide content: use short concise phrases, bullet points, numbered lists.
- Enter text into a placeholder in standard, outline view.
- Edit text in a presentation.
- Copy, move text within, between presentations.
- Delete text.
- Use the undo, redo command.
- Change text formatting: font sizes, font types.
- Apply text formatting: bold, italic, underline, shadow.
- Apply different colours to text.
- Apply case changes to text.
- Align text: left, centre, right in a text frame.
- Indent bulleted text. Remove indent from bulleted text.
- Adjust line spacing before and after bulleted, numbered lists.
- Switch between the different standard bullet, number styles in a list.
- Enter, edit text in a table slide.
- Select rows, columns, entire table.
- Insert, delete rows and columns.
- Modify column width, row height.
4.1 Using Charts
- Input data to create built-in charts in a presentation: column, bar, line, pie.
- Select a chart.
- Change the chart type.
- Add, remove, edit a chart title.
- Add data labels to a chart: values/numbers, percentages.
- Change the background colour of a chart.
- Change the column, bar, line, pie slice colours in a chart.
4.2 Organization Charts
- Create an organization chart with a labelled hierarchy by using a built-in organization chart feature.
- Change the hierarchical structure of an organization chart.
- Add, remove co-workers, subordinates in an organization chart.
5 Graphical Objects
5.1 Insert, Manipulate
- Insert a graphical object (picture, image, drawn object) into a slide.
- Select a graphical object.
- Copy, move graphical objects, charts within the presentation, between open presentations.
- Resize, delete graphical objects, charts in a presentation.
- Rotate, flip a graphical object.
- Align a graphical object relative to a slide: left, centre, right, top, bottom.
- Add different types of drawn object to a slide: line, arrow, block arrow, rectangle, square, oval, circle, text box.
- Enter text into a text box, block arrow, rectangle, square, oval, circle.
- Change drawn object background colour, line colour, line weight, line style.
- Change arrow start style, arrow finish style.
- Apply a shadow to a drawn object.
- Group, ungroup drawn objects in a slide.
- Bring a drawn object one level forward, one level backward, to the front, to the back of other drawn objects.
6 Prepare Outputs
- Add, remove transition effects between slides.
- Add, remove preset animation effects for different slide elements.
- Add presenter notes to slides.
- Select appropriate output format for slide presentation like: overhead, handout, on-screen show.
- Hide, show slides.
6.2 Check and Deliver
- Spell check a presentation and make changes like: correcting spelling errors, deleting repeated words.
- Change slide setup, slide orientation to portrait, landscape. Change paper size.
- Print entire presentation, specific slides, handouts, notes pages, outline view of slides, number of copies of a presentation.
- Start a slide show from first slide, from current slide.
- Navigate to next slide, previous slide, specified slide during a slide show.